Testosterone Cypionate can be stored at Room Temperature.
You will be prescribed 3 different medications for your testosterone replacement program. You will be prescribed Testosterone, HCG+B-12 and also an estrogen blocker if needed.
You will administer the Testosterone injections once per week or once every 2 weeks as prescribed by our physician. The Prescription label on the bottle of your testosterone will say exactly how you should take the medication. Please refer to the Instructions page for administration of your testosterone. Please try to keep this on the same day each week or every 2 weeks to avoid confusion on when you are dosed.
You will administer your HCG+B-12 on your lowest testosterone days on a weekly or biweekly basis as prescribed by the physician. The prescription label on your medication bottle will say exactly how you should take the medication. You will need to take your HCG on the day prior to your testosterone injection. Plan it out appropriately. We often times start people off with 500 iu or 0.5 ml on the day prior to testosterone administration. We will guide you on an individual basis with further instruction if needed.
You may also be prescribed a Arimidex (anastrozole) to decrease your estrogen levels if needed. You will commonly be prescribed about 0.5 mg per week. This will be changed based on labs and results of individual patients. Our medical directly will discuss this with you if the dose is changed and discuss why we are making the changes. Please feel free to reach out to our medical director if you have any questions about this.
We require that you have your labs checked prior to starting our testosterone replacement program to make sure you are a candidate for Testosterone Replacement Therapy. You will also need to have your vitals checked and an Examination by our Medical director physician.
These are the initial labs you will need to have checked.
Lab Testing Required for Initial Visit:
Pre-Therapy Testosterone Labs:
CBC (Complete Blood Count)
CMP (Complete Metabolic Panel)
Lipid Panel (HDL/LDL)
Testosterone: Total & Free
SHBG(Sex Hormone Binding Globule)
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) with reflex T4/Free T4
Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)
Can also order the following labs for Comprehensive Testing:
Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1 is a HGH marker)
LH (Luteinizing Hormone)
FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone)
You can get your blood tests at the following locations:
www.privatemdlabs.com (Hormone Panel for Males any of I, II, III)
www.anylabtestnow.com (Testosterone Panel Pre-Therapy)
www.labcorp.com (HRT Male Pre Pellet Panel)
www.sonoraquest.com (Ask lab Testosterone Pre-Therapy labs)
You will also need to have your labs rechecked 6 to 8 weeks after starting the Testosterone replacement program. You will order the “Testosterone Replacement Therapy Maintenance” labs available at most lab locations. We order these labs in order to prevent any negative side effects, make adjustments of dosing and to titrate various functions of your therapy specifically for you in the safest way possible.
We will formulate a schedule with you on a specific schedule make your Testosterone replacement as safe and effective as possible. Once the testosterone therapy is stable, we typically check labs every 6 months.
1. Clean the top of the HCG +B-12 vial at the rubber site with an alcohol swab. Shake the vial to make sure vial it is mixed properly.
2. Get a Luer-lock 1 cc syringe and apply a 25 gauge needle to the end of it.
3. Use the 1 cc syringe with needle attached to withdrawal your prescribed dose of HCG +B-12 from the vial. Uncap the needle, aim the needle upward and expel any air contents from the syringe. You may consider flicking the body of the syringe to get any air bubbles to the top syringe so they can be expelled.
4. Clean the injection site with an alcohol swab. There are various injection sites you can use. We recommend using the sites shown below. You can always have one of our nurses in the clinic administer your injections if you are uncomfortable doing so. If you have any questions, feel free to call our office.
5. Insert the needle at 90 degree angle into the clean area of skin above the muscle. Use about half the depth of the needle. Once you reach this insertion depth, withdrawal the plunger portion of the syringe slightly to make sure the needle is not in a blood vessel. If you have blood return inside of the syringe, you will need to try a different area (this suggests you are near a blood vessel). If you get no blood return, you can inject the entire dose of HCG +B-12 in that area.
6. Once you have withdrawn the needle, you can apply a bandage to the area.
7. Dispose of the needle and your syringe in the red sharps container provided.
HCG +B-12 must be refrigerated. See vial for exact details on climate control.
We use HCG 12,000 IU + B12 1 mg/ml vials.
You will receive two different vials of from our office.
1. HCG 12,000 IU + B12 12 mg vial
2. Bacteriostatic water 30 ml vial.
Reconstitution is the process of mixing these components for proper administration. If our office prepares the medication for you, you will not need to complete these steps. This is only if you receive you medication by mail.
Remove the safety metal or plastic caps from the top of the Bacteriostatic water vial and the HCG + B-12 Vial.
Clean the top of the vials with an alcohol swab.
Get a new unused syringe, attach a new unused needle and extract 12 cc of bateriorstatic water and inject it into the new HCG+B-12 Vial. Once you have placed the 12 cc of bacterostatic water into the vial, you have completed the process. You can discard the remaining bacteriostatic water away. You will keep the HCG+B-12 vial for administration of your future doses.
Now your HCG+B-12 vial has been reconstituted and has a concentration of 1000 iu of HCG and 1 mg of methylcobalamin per 1 milliliter aka 1 cc.
Keep your HCG + B-12 vial in the refrigerator. See vial for details after reconstitution.
If you answered yes to any of these questions. You may be a candidate for testosterone replacement therapy.
The services provided have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products and services are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The material on our website is provided for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. Always consult your physician before beginning any therapy program. All therapies are specific formulations prepared by Viva IV Therapy. Any designations or references to therapies are for marketing purposes only.